Metal library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great dude.

Good way of sorting and comparing them!!

Cant wait to see the final result

Comment

Nice addition, keep posting
      You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Originally posted by PixelJockey
        Originally I was going to use Ward for the glossy metals because it produces a nice satin type finish, but then I remembered this post on the use of BRDF's. So I guess I'll switch my shaders and use Phong for the glossy and Ward for the polished.
        That's not how I understand that thread; it sounds to me like it's agreed that Ward is best for brushed metal. I don't see any difference in practice among the BRDFs when gloss is set to 1. I find Ward to be wayyyy better at satin metal than the others, but it's only really apparent on a big surface like a sink. I couldn't get phong or blinn to look good at all, but Ward did what I wanted.

Comment

looking good.

Only comment I could make that hasnt been mentioned is I remember corten steel being made to intentionally rust. Looks really cool when rusted. Maybee they have a variety of metal finishes and te rusted look is just one of them (I havnt seen anyone here use it since uni )

i like the blinn glossies at 0.7 the best as it seems like a good compromise. ward is just too dulled out. I think you need to crank up the settings a bit though to remove the grain on the glossies

Comment

Working...
          X