Disappearing bitmaps and dark irr. map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing bitmaps and dark irr. map

I have a model with about 1.2million polys. The whole light/mat/renderparameter setup I have going works to my satisfaction when it comes to stills which I render without using saved LC or Irr. maps. Both have so far been on the single frame setting.

However : Now I have to do an animation ( my first with vRay ) various places in the model and I'm having some problems.

I started by running through the "Rendering a walk-through animation" tutorial here :

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/VRay...ials_imap2.htm

and using that approach with my model. That is :
    1. Precalculating a LC.
    2. Precalculating an Irr. map.
    3. Rendering the animation.

Problem 1 : Now when I compare a single frame rendered from my precalculated LC and Irr. map and the same frame rendered from scratch ( i.e. LC and Irr. map on single frame) the frame rendered from precalc is pretty dark.

Problem 2 : When precalculating the Irr. map (medium - animation preset, multiframe incremental) most of the time it loses my bitmaps.

Thanks for any input.

come on all you brainy people... somebody must have an idea what this is all about.

Comment

Some more info might help, how big is the scene? are you network rendering? DR? If network how is it set up?

Some images of you results is always helpfull too.

Sounds like you are having network issues.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Are you using Viz with the latest build of Vray? The bitmap paging doesn't work correctly so sometimes objects lose their textures.

Also, how are you doing the steps? You only have to precalculate the irradiance map (with lightcache set as secondary bounces). Then, when rendering the final you can disable the lightcache as all this lighting info is stored in the irradiance map.

Comment

Working...
        X