No announcement yet.

Point release before we get the dongle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point release before we get the dongle?

I am wondering if we are going to receive a point release before we get the dongle Vlado mentioned will be coming with Vray 1.5? Just wondering how close we are to getting the next point release and whether the dongle issue is going to be, or is, causing a delay to us users getting the next point release.

Cheers,
    rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

A point release would be really nice. A lot of the users here are talking about features like the Vray Sun / Sky, better Dr and a host of other features that they are using in projects since they have access to point releases other than 1.47.03.

What do the other less fortunate users have to do to get access to the higher versions?

I know i am a new user but i would like to be on a equal footing where the tools are concerned.

Thanks
    XvX

Comment

The next official build will require a dongle for normal usage, although there is a mechanism to use it without a dongle until you get one; having said that, the build is already being tested and the preparations for sending out the dongles have been made.

We would really like to go through a proper testing phase for the next official build. A number of small issues have already come up and were fixed. While some users have gotten intermediate builds, those builds had their problems, or some of the features were not complete etc.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

so Vlado you are saying that we will receive dongle from you?so are you gonna ship us the dongle to us ?(out of usa)
        I'm quite concern about this due to I've move out from my last registration adress..im looking forward to use the new feature of this new build & just want to avoid the chance of getting the dongle lost due to the wrong address..
        pls incase if you are sending us the dongle in anyway can you give us a notice or atleast a email before you do.. I don't want to get the dogle send to a wrong address .thanks.

Comment

ad-max - Why don't you update your information (re- address and such) with Chaos so you avoid any problem with them shipping your dongle to the wrong address. Be proactive and send them the information now rather than waiting for a problem to occur.

Vlado - Thanks for the information. Ya, better to test and get everything right and avoid the NL fiasco. Of course in saying that I am not comparing Vray to Maxwell; we all know Vray is way better! Can you further explain how the dongle issue is going to be handled with regard to shipping and paying for the dongle?
          rpc212
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Yes....shipping and customs is going to be an issue where there is no Chaos Group dealer....like in India.

The dongle will have to go through customs and a price will have to be declared for the same. Duties and fees for clearing will have to be paid and that will take upto 4-6 weeks.

Who is to pay for the dongle and customs? What happens if the dongle goes bad?

It would be nice if these issues, specially where there is no local dealer, were adressed before sending these dongles out.

Vivek

Comment

Are the dongles going to be applyed to academic version of V-ray too?

Comment

is there an FAQ for the dongle implementation?

We're just wondering how this fits in with running the license server which holds our licenses across the network...will it be one per license, or pre programmed with our licenses, will we be able to add new licenses as easily as we did with the floating license server?
                Digital Progression

Comment

We're preparing the FAQ now, so I hope to have it on the forum sometime today.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                  X