Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunlight

hello everybody,

I am creating an exterior scene and I need a vray sunlight. As I get trouble with the max sunlight I need to create a vray light that looks like a sunlight.
    By now I have trouble ecpecially with the shadows, they are much to smooth.
    I donĀ“t have the time to wait until V1.5 where the vray sun will be included.
    I am thankful for some tips that will help to look the vray light more like a sunlight.
    Thank you. Serious replies only please.

Greetings,

mr.m

Hi mr.mm

only newer builds after 1.4703 have (maybe) a vray sun. If you have serious problems in a project, you might ask vlado to take part of testing such a newer build.

In some special cases, you get a newer version from vlado. although i have to say , vray sun is a great time saver, it can still be improved. But never the less. it makes work much much easier.

So just send vlado an e-mail.

Tom

Comment

if you drecrease the size of you vray light you get more define shadows. I usually uncheck the no decay property and use a really small size. with this you get better shadows. i hope this help you.

I forgot. I belived the best option is the sphere vray light.

gus
      http://guca.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

or, if you're using a direct light (max sunlight system) with vray-shadows, adjust the size of the area shadows in the lights Vray shadows params. The shadow size relates to the orbital scale, and these two params together decide the sharpness of the shadows.
        Regards,
        Erik N

"Second to the right and straight on 'till morning!"

Comment

Hi Erik and Guca,

thank you. It works.

Greetings.

mr.mm

Comment

Working...
          X