animate visibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animate visibility

I was just wondering if someone knew of a way to smoothly animate visibility of several objects at once in vray.

I tried it with mental ray before and it didn't work with final gather, so we had to render the sequence twice and do it in after effects.

I have to calculate GI in every frame for this animation anyway, so is there a way to animate visibility with vray that works? I don't have time to test it on this project, unfortunately.

I am just hoping to get a fast answer here. Otherwise I'll just post what I did and the results I got after I'm done.

It works mostly, but it is not a very good idea there can be issues and render times will go through the roof. better to do it in post.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

that's what I figured.

Thanks for the timely post. By the time I actually got to it you posted. I really appreciate it.

I always just like to ask to see if there is some easy way to do something that I am not thinking of. There is alot to do in post for this one, so i was trying to avoid it. Lots of transparent objects to have problems with.

Comment

Working...
      X