Soliciting artistic help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soliciting artistic help please!

Here are a couple of images of my latest efforts...I rendered these out (1.5 million polys 10hrs 20 mins)to 150 dpi 40" x20" then resampled up in PS for a 200 dpi 5 footer.
    I am not satisfied with the Shore line RIP RAP. I don't know how best to handle the Displacement mapping yet to get a good shoreline. It looks like carmelcorn to me.

AND

Thanks for the critique and advice!

Dave
    helpdesk

Looks good.

The sea wall could do with either blending between rocky / sandy or an easier approach would be to build a low wall between the rocks and the sand.... assuming the shore is manmade.
    Many Thanks
    Patrick

Comment

these might help

for revetment wall

for shoreline

Just right click to save
      Needs more cowbell

Comment

oooh... nice shoreline texture! Thanks for that!
        Many Thanks
        Patrick

Comment

My pleasure, enjoy!
          Really helps to blur the shoreline..especially where your water plane hits...just make sure to post your results!
          Needs more cowbell

Comment

hehe i could have used that on my xmas card

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

olitech....Thanks for the textures....not sure how to use them though.
              my shore line is just a displacement map...Thats why it dosent look so great. I took my contours and made a terrain, Then detached the polys that I wanted for the rocky shoreline to another object group. I just can't get anything to look the way I really had hoped for?
              I tried uv mapping faces..then box...nothing really helpful. Then I used normals and that is how I got what I have now.
              helpdesk

Comment

Hi Helpdesk
                in the begining you said that you rendered your images to 150dpi how do you that in max? I mean how can you change the dpi. I always wondered how the dpi can be changed in max.
                cheers

Comment

You cant in max - only by opening in ps afterwards and using the image size command. You have to use the (print width x dpi = horizontal pixels + print height x dpi = vertical pixels) formula to work out the amount of pixels you need and then render that.

Comment

When you save out the image from the frame buffer...you have a choice, when using tif format on rez, color, etc.
                    helpdesk

Comment

Working...
                    X