Overview of VRMeshes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overview of VRMeshes...

Can anyone point me to a general discussion of what a "vrmesh" is and why I would want to convert standard mesh objects to one? I'm looking for a general introduction to the concept and can find nothing really illuminating in the help file...

dave

vrmesh is a proxie object. basically if you had to have 1000 trees in your scene which high poly count the scene file will be huge. so not only does the computer have to open the entire scene file and waste ram on that. it then needs more ran to render and could possibly crash. basically a proxie object just stands in for your main object. therefore with a bunch of instanced proxie objects your scene file is tiny. the objects are only called up at render time

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Dave,

think of it as manually determining which objects should be in the disk cache instead of in memory.
      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Vrmesh..

Thanks, guys...

BTW, Dave, we should have lunch sometime. Every once in awhile, I have lunch with Mike. I've also chatted up the idea of an Autodesk-sponsored Max Users group in town...

Ciao,

Dave
        www.splatworld.tv

Comment

Working...
        X