Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saving out to hdr

Hi,

I try to save to hdr format, I have color clamping turned off. What could cause this problem:

Only background and vraylights have the problem. I have no glass in the windows and the max environment is just a white color.
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Anyone?
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

I can tell you i had the exact same problem on backgrounds (a simple bluish gradient) and Vray lights (spherical areas, visible).

In comping i had to put a nice circular white brush on the lights, and painted out the problematic edges of the openings of the boat, as i didn't have any time left to troubleshoot it.

I was rendering RPFs out of Max's own file save dialog, and didn't try anything else.
      It also seemed erratic, not all shots had the problem.
      I used lightcache + IRmap, with VRay 1.47.03 and max 7.5.

Sorry not to be of any more help...

Lele

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I am simply using the render output/save file to save out the hdri. Everything works, except the BG and vraylights.

Comment

On second thought, an invisible Vray spherical light, and a self illuminated white sphere excluded from the light's influence might correct the problem with the Vray Light straight in camera.

For the Background, i'd try using an overbright (multiplied)background in the GI slot, and use an easily replaceable color as the max background, to try and avoid the fringing, and then comp back in the white in post...

Let me know if it works...

Comment

Working...
          X