DR in VIZ 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR in VIZ 2006

I'm trying to get DR working in VIZ 2006 with 1.47. I've read as many posts on this as I can find. I've replaced the dummy max and xml files with new ones that I created with VIZ several times. Spawner starts and then crashes. Does anyone have any tips?

Refer to Vlado's reply in this thread:
    http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=13997

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

make a new xml (start with a new scene ...just put a plane and a camera and also use scanline....send it to the backburner and copy the file located under backburner(server machine). it worked for me and i had teh same problem.

one more thing....use 1.46.15, as you should know...1.47.xx has a bug

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=11640
      show me the money!!

Comment

Thanks flino I've tried this and it's not working. I dont have 1.46.15 for 2006. I requested it yesterday but havn't heard back from chaos. Mabye some one could email it to me ar325ar@aol.com. Thanks

Comment

flino - does that bug only affect VIZ 2006? I am using VIZ 2005 & Vray 1.47.30 and DR is working fine.

arobbert -Did you try re-installing your Vray on all of your slave comps and server? I seem to remember doing that but I don't think it was because I was trying to fix a DR problem. Sorry that seems vague. Can't hurt I guess.

Regards Peter.

Comment

Yes I reinstalled. Right noe I'm just trying to get spawner to run on a couple computers, thanks for the idea though.

Comment

What's your OS? I had a similar problem and found that 2006 doesn't work on Windows Server 2000 like 2005 did.

Comment

XP pro.

Comment

Working...
                X