Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possible way to share render presets with vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible way to share render presets with vray?

when I save a preset I want it available to all my coworkers. We came up with this, not yet tried solution because I don't know if it will work. I'm hoping one of you programers will tell me if they know it won't work.

if I copy the vray file that has the presets to a shared drive, then create a shortcut to it on my own drive, renaming it to replace the same file on my own drive I was thinking that when my computer looked for the file it would find it (because the name is the same) but would then be pointed to the file on my shared drive.

I figured it should at least be able to read the file that way. I just don't know how writting to it would work. That's probably more of a windows question, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone *cough cough vlado cough* know if this is possible?

We would really like to be able to save these in a common location so it's easier to share our presets, and faster. I just want to say, "hey man, you can save that real quick so I can use it?" then he hits save and it pops up in my presets when I refresh the list.

Have you tried Marc's Preset Manager? http://plugins.angstraum.at/ it will let you share settings.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

that looks perfect.

I don't know why we don't just have access to the vray path though. That'd be so much easier than to going to all my coworkers computers and setting this up. i'm not a very good network admin so i don't know how to do those kinds of things remotely (yet).

edit:

oh, and thanks. Almost forgot that.

Comment

Working...
      X