Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use more than 10 nodes on a single DR rendering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use more than 10 nodes on a single DR rendering?

This has been asked before, and its never been given a clear anser.

If you have more than one license of Vray, is it possible to utilize more than 10 slaves simultaneously on a single distributed rendering.

If so, how? I am running into the limit where my workstation can utilize itself and 10 other nodes for the DR. The additional DR capable machines on the list are not being utilized, and no errors are being made in the render log either.

Hi

Its a windows limitation .. look it up on google, there are some reg hacks around.
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by natty
      Hi

Its a windows limitation .. look it up on google, there are some reg hacks around.
      I have already performed the workarounds for the Windows 10-connection limit.

Comment

Which V-Ray version is that?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
            Which V-Ray version is that?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            when i use 1.09.03 it was possible to use more than 10 render nodes
            but it was in w 2000

have you personaly made test to use more than 10 render nodes with 1.47.03 and up

it would be great if chaos can clearly answer this questions

more than 10 render nodes whit 2 vray licenses possible or not

if i you don't have time to test it i'm really interested to make a try

i think we must have max running in a w2003 server workstation

thanks for your response

Comment

So, from what I can see, the number of DR machines for any single rendering is limited to 10, no matter how many licenses you have. That means that with each license, you can start a separate DR rendering with up to 10 nodes, but you cannot start a single rendering with more than 10 nodes.

This is expanded for newer builds, where the DR licenses from different work-station licenses add up so that you can use them in a single rendering.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Vlado. I look forward to newer builds with more nodes available in DR.

Comment

I thought that vrays license resticted it to 10 DR nodes per copy, not just a windows restriction.

Comment

Originally posted by TRGraphics
                    I thought that vrays license resticted it to 10 DR nodes per copy, not just a windows restriction.
                    Yes, and I have more than one copy, which is why I was asking this question.

Comment

I wasn't trying to accuse you of doing anything wrong. This just seems to come up a lot and most say it's a windows problem. Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was really just asking if that were the case. I didn't know there was a problem with more than one license running more tham 10 nodes. I only have 5 computers so it's never been a problem for me.

Comment

Important Question

Well, Thanks for your answer,

what do you mean by "node". Do you mean a PC, or a CPU ? Because, if i have 10 Pcs, each with a 4 CPUs, i would have to 40 paralell buckets rendering. If you mean 10 CPU`s, this would mean i could only use 3 PC`s..

Regards,

Thomas

Comment

Re: Important Question

Originally posted by Thomaskl
                          Well, Thanks for your answer,

what do you mean by "node". Do you mean a PC, or a CPU ? Because, if i have 10 Pcs, each with a 4 CPUs, i would have to 40 paralell buckets rendering. If you mean 10 CPU`s, this would mean i could only use 3 PC`s..

Regards,

Thomas
                          The Vray DR licenses and render nodes are per machine, not per processor.

Comment

Working...
                          X