DR animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR animation

I have got a bit confused by VRays abilities to render animations. I know that in the help documents it clearly states that it is not possible for animations but, I read in a couple of places that there are ways round it.

I also emailed one of the render farms that offer the vray animation rendering service and they confirmed that they could do it. Also, threads in this forum have suggested that they can render animations.

Is there a work around or maybe its something to do with Backburner ?

n
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

DR is not supposed to work with animation. You should consider using the backburner in those cases.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Hi nikki

thanks for your reply.

I have not used backburner so, just to confirm - can it render animations from VRay ?

n
      www.morphic.tv
      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Heya infra,

The main benefit of distributed rendering is to get multiple machines working on one frame so if you need to do test renders and check materials or if you are doing single frame print res renders, you'll get those back much quicker so it saves man hours. If you are rendering a sequence of images in most cases you dont need this type of quick feedback sop backburner is a getter option. distributed rendering doesnt have sophisitcated controls to deal with multiple jobs being done at the same time whereas with back burner you can queue up large amounts of 3dsmax files to render, change the priority of jobs so that you have control over what renders first and even changes some of the render settings like resolution, viewports and frame ranges.

Comment

Hi joconnell

I have distributed rendering setup for stills and it works like a dream.

So, using backburner I should be able to queue up stills to effectively render an animation ?

n
          www.morphic.tv
          www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Yeah indeed - you need to run the backburner manager on one computer which manages each of the rendering computer centrally, you run the backburner server on each of the render slaves, and then you submit a render job where you're outputting to an image sequence. The manager will assign one frame of the animation to each slave computer, and when they're done on that, the manager assigns them the next frame that needs to be done and so on. Likewise when one submitted sequence of frames is done, backburner will move on to the next sequence of images to do and so on.

Comment

Working...
            X