Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bullet time effect of exploding ice rock how ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ,

Well now, ive tested the two scripts youve suggested to me.

the first one (bullet time), didnt work well, while i didnt look to deep in it, after i tried the secound one.

idea also was like you told to turn on frames and ticks, and after this load matrix. this script now creates a new node in the track view. where it seems, you can slowdown everything in one step. it works a bit otherwise but a ease curve.

i didnt allready render out a real sequence espc with the network. but all looks quite well so far.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

http://www.tom-schuelke.de/forum/ice/matrixtest.avi

Comment

Well....

now ive tried to do this script over network....

arrgh this is the only missing thing right now. it only seems to work on a local machine.

what is missing is the dialog... start renderdialog , and to configure it then over network, or directly in the renderdialog, send to backburner..

anyone any ideas... i am not good in scripting you know...

Tom

Comment

I wouldn't know how to make it work, honestly
        I didn't even understand its workings through the trackview node...

The sample looks good, aside from the reactor problems (you migt need to lower the simulation timestep)...

of course, i take it, manually setting the render dialog properties doesn't help...

Lele

Comment

This is probabaly a silly idea.. but can you just render the normal speed stuff at your normal frame rate, then render the slow mo stuff at say 100FPS, then when you put it all together in a 25/30FPS avi it will play as if it were slowmo?!?!

Comment

Um.... Yes - but I would recommend 6x fps for the slow mo parts.

If you have the time - you can just render the whole thing at 6x playback speed and control the time in post.
            www.studio2a.co

Comment

yeah... 6x.. whatever.. was the theory I was getting at.

But yeah that would be the most fool proof way. Unless one of the scripts comes thru with the goods.

Comment

aye: just render the ticks
                Speed curves in post are nicely realtime then.

Lele

Comment

Hi,

Yes Daforce, this was at las what we where coming over with...

The script is nice for one computer not more. i would wish, max would bring ome sort of realy functioning time rescale curve for all stuff available in max. but thats just a wish.

now we do it like you say... we render some parts in usual speed, and set for the slowmo parts the fr/sec speed from 25 to 200. this way we get a slowmo of 8.

only thing now is, we have to calculate well and also have to make the cam movement eight times faster for exacly this part of the animation, du it has to move on same way as before....

but slowly it comes together..

here´s a in between step.

http://www.tom-schuelke.de/forum/ice/matrixtest6.m1v

in this version, i didnt take into account, fr/sec cant be set to 250fr/sec.
                  so max only took 240fr/sec. so timing is a bit wrong and also cam slows down. But you get the idea....

any feedback of the visual style would be nice.

now we try to get as good refr and refl. as in the stills we allready did.
                  but in movement this is much more difficult.

Tom

Comment

Looking good

Comment

ARRGH,,

Da Force, did you notice the movement of the big ice rocks.

i just noticed it seeing it again.

scalling the time of the reactor movement to the eight, seemst to stretch the reactor keys in an annatural way..

so maybe i have to resimulate it eight times more exact ...

grr.

Comment

half-ot:
                        apple-lemon beer? - that's "alkoholmißbrauch"

Comment

yeah your right.. it seems to go slow.. then a little faster then slow again. kind of uneven

Comment

Little Update...

Still thinking of glue to make some water drops to spill out while Exploding ...

the end is of another test (darker) didnt want to wait.

http://www.tom-schuelke.de/forum/ice/matrixtest9.avi

Tom

Comment

Even better

Comment

That's looking pretty sweet, I might lengthen the curve back to full speed, the end seems a bit abrupt.

Looking forward to seeing it rendered.
                                Eric Boer
                                Dev

Comment

Working...
                                X