direct light or photometric sun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• direct light or photometric sun?

i am sorry for this will be a bit stupid for some people but i gotta know this.
    - why direct light, why not photometric sunlight?
    ( i see a lots of tutorial and threads here using direct light instead of sunlight)

thanks
    Dominique Laksmana

im thinking along the lines that the photometric sun more than likely takes longer to render

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

i bumped with a small problem just now, i used direct light, but it was only covering some of the plane. i tick the overshoot, but the vray shadow didn't appear. is it me or is it like that?
      by the way it's an exterior, with a big plane.

thanks
      Dominique Laksmana

Comment

It's normal that shadows don't show up in the overshoot area. Just increase your light radius.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

just keep your sun to include the areas you know need shadows. the rest you have the override on. it will be lit but no shadow

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
          X