URGENT!!!! Rendering is crashing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT!!!! Rendering is crashing???

OK, I have a major deadline for Friday and for some reason or another my max/vray is crashing.

I am and client wants to see the most minor change in 3d. OK fine, reworked my cad file, linked it to max, salvaged most of the model and material as before and introduce some changes to the model most notably herman miller models of workstations, they are blocks. Have been working on the max file, lighting is the same as before, material are pretty much the same, some new ones, the max model has been working fine. It is just that now that I wanted to see some previews it is crashing for no apparent reason.

I reads everything fine, rpc, layers, blocks and just when it starts to say "prepare ray server" is when it just goes away, it does not freeze, it does not give me an error message it just vanishes?????

So can some one out there help me out, I dont have a clue of what might be wrong???

HELP!!!! Thanks!!!!

Max is crashing or the render is crashing? How big (file size wise) is your scene? How much RAM do you have? Also, close out of Max and check this file (should be in the root of c:\), 'vraylog.txt' and see where it bombs at the bottom.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

ok it sounds like you are running out of memory.

Try using the dynmaic memory option.

How much ram have you got?
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Guys thanks for the quick response, I have been hacking at this thing and found that it is the new cad model blocks of the herman miller that was crashing the model. I have deleted the blocks of the workstations and the rendering is working fine, just as before.

I am running out of memory, but I dont know if using the dynamic memory would help, I have to send it to the network farm for the final animation. I have in this computer 3.5 Gigs of Ram and the farm machines have the same.

Now my big question is this, I have taken the cad workstation model and imported it into max, tweaked with the material and it is working fine, tried to merge the max workstation and instanced as many as i needed and it was crashing the rendering, AGAIN.

So the question is this, how do I make the max workstation model into a more compact one, I mean when I merged the max station it was giving me all the layers again just like if it were in cad, I want to see if i can compress the max station into one model, keeping the material, so to insert or merge that max station file and have it act as a "block".

Any ideas???

Thanks again!

Comment

I recommend that if you have instances of objects that are heavy poly, attach the different parts of that object and make a vrmesh and instance the vrmeshes (right click the attached object (grouped objects won't vrmesh!)) Make sure they're accessible via a network drive if you're network rendering. Also check the 'automatically create proxies' box. This should free up some significant memory.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
          X