Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Please instructions for compositing moving objects

Hi,
    i have searched through the entire forum but need some kind soul to give me step by step guidelines please.

30 second animation of a structure with people walking across (2 marlin moving people) one rpc car driving into the basement and 2 low poly cars driving by. The camera just crosses the street.

Please tell me how to (1) Composite moving objects in with shadows and reflections (2) Best settings to use for an animation LC+Qmc or IRR+LC or IRR+QMC.

I have tried every option LC+Qmc is the fastest, Irr+Qmc second IRR+LC is the longest. Noise seems to be an issue too. Adaptive Qmc 1/4 is fast but noisy, adaptive subs -1/3 is the best but slowest. my target is around 8 mins / frame and i am hitting 14-20 mins.

I have premiere pro and Max 8. I did try the Animation with moving objects tutorial, but i am using planes for the moving people and that seems to be a problem, as the planes cast rectangular shadows and what not. I would later like to add to this at a much greater scale. My problem is that i am starting out with Vray.....Scanline renders all ths really fast and Vray is about 4x longer.

I am sure a lot of people here have resolved this internally...please Help

Thanks
    Vivek

i am using planes for the moving people and that seems to be a problem, as the planes cast rectangular shadows and what not.
    Do you have any opacity maps in those planes, also what kind of shadow type is involved ?

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Yes....Direct Light with Vray Shadow. Standard material with diffuse and alpha in the opacity channel applied to a plane.

I have rendered the entire sequence, but would prefer to be able to add the moving items later, thus all the research and this post.

Thanks
      Vivek

Comment

Working...
      X