Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Proxy and textures?

Hi,

I have scene that was created with max 5.1. It has about 2million polygons and has many little screws. Do be precise check the website

http://www.k-arts.de

this machine that you see there doesnt open in max 7 and 8. Dont know why but it just doesnt. Only on max 6 i can actually open it, but not on my workstation only on a renderslave. Now i am trying to get the file loaded as vrmesh. I know i cant store animation but how would you actually do this so that the unwrapped textures stay on the machine for rendering. I do get the machine imported but only in one color.

Is the a trick? And attaching everything to one object then unwrapp it witha giant, and i mean giant map is unfeasible.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers Ralf

What you need to do is assign the texture co-ordinates and material ids before you make a vray proxy object. The simplest way to do this is to attach all of your parts together as one mesh and max will take care of the materials id merging for you. Keep a copy of the material assigned to this object (max will have made a multi / sub object material automatically) and then assign this new material to the vray proxy object you make in a new scene file.

Comment

Ralf,

Try merging everything into a new MAX 7 or 8 file instead of trying to open it directly.
      -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

thats what i tried, before i came to the idea of converting it into a vrmesh. I dont know if this is a problem but the pc that is running max 7 and 8 is a amd x2 4200+ with 4gig of ram and running WinXP x64 and a firegl v7100 gfx. So in my eyes a sweet workstation. Even if i install max 6 on this machine it still wont load.

Strange thing this stuff,

Cheers ralf

And thanx for all the help :=) greatly appriciated

Comment

Are ther any nurb objects?

Old nurbs will not open in Win64, they need to be opened on a non 64 machine and converted to mesh.

Nurb objects created on a 64 bit machine are fine though.
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell
            What you need to do is assign the texture co-ordinates and material ids before you make a vray proxy object. The simplest way to do this is to attach all of your parts together as one mesh and max will take care of the materials id merging for you. Keep a copy of the material assigned to this object (max will have made a multi / sub object material automatically) and then assign this new material to the vray proxy object you make in a new scene file.
            Well iam trying this now. After a few test i even realiyed what you meant thx.

I do hope though that there is a better solution to this since some mat ids seem to be wrongly placed

Ralf

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
              Are ther any nurb objects?

Old nurbs will not open in Win64, they need to be opened on a non 64 machine and converted to mesh.

Nurb objects created on a 64 bit machine are fine though.
              No there is not a single nurb object in the scene.

cheers ralf

Comment

Working...
              X