No announcement yet.

Purpose of Blur GI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed and I'm constantly developing new ones based on this purpose. I assumed the 'High Animation' preset would have worked well - but after seeing that it's hard for me to believe that anyone would use blur at 8 on purpose.

I think that some of us want to purposely keep Vray controls/techniques obfuscated as it does prevent competition. I can't blame anyone for feeling that way but it doesn't make learning Vray easier on a newcomer.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I believe that presets should only be used as a guide, think about it, why would you want to blur GI in a Camera animation? I did tell you not to use the blur GI in your project as i said can cause problems!

Presets are a generalisation.. If everyone used the General settings then no one would really learn to master the program. Experimentation is the key to understanding.
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

besides. the animation presets are more for animated characters

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

that blur gi set to 8 is really bad, i don't understand why it should be there.
          presets on vray should save you time , not something that you set to high and only after a night render you can see flicker on animations.
          I suggest chaos should look into those presets and change the settings so they will do what they suppose to.
          its very uncomftorable that every scene needs tweaking and testing to get decent results flicker free.
          gili
          http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

the animation presets are not for animated cameras

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

Da_Elf:
              LOL the tower rears its ugly head again.. hehehe that thing will be around forever i reckon

Also the presets i believe are based upon a 640x480 rendering as well.
              But yeah blurGI is evil for most cases.

Comment

i figure the tower has a couple more years left in it

Comment

oh your just being modest

Comment

I agree on most of the comments made here, but you should consider that before blur gi excisted the preset for medium animation worked fine for us and suddenly it is no good anymore i think that is a bad thing. There should at least heve been a warning about this.

But no we know and we won't use it anymore.

Thanks,

Erik
                    A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
                      the animation presets are not for animated cameras
                      well they sure don't work for moving objects, so i wonder what are they for?
                      we have tight deadlines and we don't have the time to start examine why the render turn out bad after it rendered , we need it to work the first time..i think chaos should make different presets that work for moving cameras, and different ones for moving objects.
                      when i say presets that works i mean presets that if you use them you will get a good render and not a small flickering one like you get now.
                      gili
                      http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

but it still all depends on your scene, render size..etc..

Erik, you can still use medium animation kinda like you use too, just choose it like normal then change it back to custom and it will keep all the settings.. then just change the blur GI to 0.0

Comment

Da force: That is wat we do now, its just bad that i lost a complete weekend of rendertime.

Erik
                          A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

Comment

Working...
                          X