Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with highlight

Hi guys i seem to stop by only when i have a problem

Anyway this is the thing i have this furniture is a product pic my problem is that i want the highlight on the other side "the left side" and i have noticed that this highlight comes from the camera direction so in any direction i move the camera i will have the highlight in front, this sounds logical to me in some cases BUT what if i want the highlight on the otherside?

i have tried many things but i cant get the highlight in the place i want.

...:::Visit my web site:::...

You could try the max place highlight tool to aim a max light towards the polygons you want the highlight on and then align a vray light to the position and rotation of your target light - change the width and height of the light to control the size of your specular.

Comment

I tried your suggestion but still the highlight remains on the other side.

I want to add, that this is not first time this happends if i look back i think i had this problem always.

Comment

Post an img of the light setup, so we can see where the light is actually coming from.

Best regards,
        nikki Candelero
        .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

here it is

Comment

I think the results you are getting are absolutely expectable.

Comment

why do you think so? because if i remove the lights the highlight still remains, and if i move the camera the highlight moves also. how can you explain that?

What i am saying is that the highlight is folowing the direction of the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                because if i remove the lights the highlight still remains
                This is kind of strange, as the highlight is a reflection of a light source.
                Is there any other light involved in the scene, like Env ?

Originally posted by Linda
                and if i move the camera the highlight moves also. how can you explain that?
                That is because of the ray tracing, the falling angle is equal to the bounced one (in general) . Moving the camera actually takes part as its point of view
                (angle from which the object is seen) is also concerned.

I have been watching recently a highlight on a door, which was produced by the Sun. It was a very tiny one, on the filleted corner of the door. And I was just moving my head up and down (like you move your camera), watching how the highlight moves as well.

Best regards,
                nikki Candelero

Comment

aha ok this explains things, so what i maked after this was to test to change the material to a non reflective, and now the things are working like i want, now i just have to figure out to make the just material because i want it to be reflective, but with the highlight on the other side offcourse , yes i have other light sources in the scen but i have disabled all for understand the problem so is not from this, but now i know it's a material issue.

Comment

If you unlock the h glossies you may be able to get what you want or I'd try it with a shelac material so you can have fake glossies on one and real reflections on the other.
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

the highlight glossiness are disabled from the begining i try with the shellac material to see if i can fix it.

Thx

Comment

Yes, RErender's advice is good, though this will force-up the render time, as the Shellac material will tell V-Ray to trace twice.

Best regards,
                        nikki Candelero

Comment

Ok with the shellac material it goes in the better way but i am still not satisfact with the resault, hmmmmm i stay thinking there must be a way to tell max/vray to not give the highlight/reflection only from the camera direction.....it is crazy otherwise i think there must be a simple solution to this that we cant find at the moment.

because if the sun for an example comes in from the left and hit the object from left is stupid to se the highlight reflection from the right only because is the direction of the camera ............no?

Comment

Ok i have solved the problem my fault

i have used a faloff map for reflection and have maked the curve to be reflective in one point so this was the problem.

sorry for taking your time.

Comment

can we see the final result just to know exactly what you wanted?

Comment

Working...
                              X