Werid bg image problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werid bg image problem

Ok... I don't know if i can explain this....

I have a nice exterior scene we have been working on for weeks. We have a bitmap sky (jpg) - which as usual, we have in the material editor and instance it around to the environment and vray environment overrides.

Today I made a new sky. With this new sky, I get CRAZY reflections and GI in my water material, like this image of the IRR map.

Also in a related matter - when I load in this bitmap, vs our previous sky bitmap - it doesn't instance to the previous environment slots.

I have re-opend the new sky and resaved it as a new file, and the same problem continues.

????

www.studio2a.co

Does this happen in a more simple scene using the same bitmap? If so, would it be possible to send such a scene over to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can check what may be wrong?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yep. It does. On the way...
      Thanks.
      www.studio2a.co

Comment

sounds interesting. keep us posted

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Could your .jpg is UVW object mapped/screen instead of environment spherical / cylindrical

Should solve this
          Alain Blanchette
          www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Also can you define the host (MAX, VIZ) and which V-Ray version is causing this. Thank you !

Best regards,
            nikki Candelero
            .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Oops, forgot to say...

Sometimes you did put it as environment spherical, but it changes itself back on realod, happens sometimes in Max7. Do not know what causes that, so even if sometimes you think you've done it, worth taking a look back
              Alain Blanchette
              www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Also Max tends to set it to screen when you copy paste a material!

Thorsten

Comment

This is interesting. I think this test image is on screen - because it started as a "checkboard reflection problem" on spherical, and i thought "screen" would be better.

I eneded up rebuiding the bitmap slot and instances and it worked fine.... so didn't really solve anything.

Candelero - Max 6, vray 1.47.03

Thanks for the feedback.
                  www.studio2a.co

Comment

Originally posted by thablanch
                    Oops, forgot to say...

Sometimes you did put it as environment spherical, but it changes itself back on realod, happens sometimes in Max7. Do not know what causes that, so even if sometimes you think you've done it, worth taking a look back
                    It happens to me too. Kinda irritating.
                    Any solution on this? Does max8 have this problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X