No announcement yet.

Simple Hidden Line - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do hidden line outputs all the time, either for a quick study or as a pass for comping with GI-renders. I find Vray Toon to work fine for this. A quick setup for outputting a toon pass from a scene thats set up for something else is to override the materials with a completely black one, turn VrayToon to white, about 1 px width, and render with all lights off and no GI, with catmull-rom AA. Adding a Falloff to the width of VrayToon can be very useful if you work with large scenes.

Another option, that is way faster and better than Illustrate is the Swift3D plugin. Outputting the hidden lines as vectors gives you a lot more options in post than VrayToon ever will, of course(working with brushes in illustrator, for instance, or editing the lines).

Bad geometry, on the other hand, will always be bad geometry, no matter which renderer you use...
    Regards,
    Erik N

"Second to the right and straight on 'till morning!"

Comment

the broken lines do look like a classic example or an AA problem

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Have a look at the normals ... thats normaly the cause .. and calm down a little, i find thats its usually user error.
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

took awhile for me to find the post i was looking for, but here have a look at this thread and see if it helps.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...highlight=toon

Comment

Robur, not my standard images, but similar workflow

Really nice and clean output
            Alain Blanchette
            www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Working...
            X