Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Workstations with AMD renderslaves ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Workstations with AMD renderslaves ?

Hi everyone,

i´m in the position to decide about renderslave configuration. In the planned environment we will be using Dual Xeon workstations (they are already in use). Now there will be a farm build and i was wondering if there were any differences in Intel/AMD renderings. Will i get brightness flicker ? or diff GI solutions ? As the workstations will of course join the renderfun during the nights.

Thanks in advance,
    Thorsten

i just did a single frame calculation render on a small farm of 1 dual xeon, 1 dual opteron and one dual amd MP2600+

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I assume it´s not a prob then....GREAT...means more bang for the buck then
      Thanks Elf

Thorsten

Comment

I have Intel Xeon workstations and AMD renderfarm with no problems at all. Go for it.

Craig

Comment

the only problem with that was when discreet introduced sse support back in version 4 or 5 (was included in a max sp)
          using sse caused the intel machines to scanline render with a different accuracy than amd athlon machines
          but since then i haven't heard of any problems

Comment

Working...
          X