No announcement yet.

Max 8 - is it rubbish or is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 8 - is it rubbish or is it just me?

We seem to be getting a lot of max crashes and hangs since installing 8. We're on SP1 at the moment, but I have heard there is an SP2 - hopefully this will clear up a few things.

I am getting fed up of beta testing.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

hi tricky,
    we're working with max 8 now for a couple of month, and for me its working still fine. i've haven't had a crash now for more then 2 days.
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Comment

no crashes here, too.

we are working on two new projects created with max8 SP1 and it never crashed so far.

did you load max7 projects into max8 ?
      maybe it has some legacy problems.

otherwise it must be the plugins or your hardware.
      Reflect, repent and reboot.
      Order shall return.

Comment

I had a crash with sp1 yesterday.
        A simple project at the very beginning, so there were few objects, faces etc.
        It was as if there was a viewport problem...It was the same recurrent
        problem without sp1 but more frequently.
        The memory comes over saturated...
        But as I said sp1 is quite better and you can work.We hope for sp2.

Gaël

Comment

We had problems on some renderslaves after we installed sp1,

they couldnt start max ( localy). for renderslaves they still worked fine.

On most computers all was fine.

If i am not wrong this was related to a problem with previous g-force drivers. after installing the newest g-force driver the problem disapeared.

Otherwise all seems to work fine

Tom

Comment

the only problem is on backburner monitor, whenever i try to look at the task summery tab the monitor crash.
            anyone know how to work this problem out?
            http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

I noticed a lot of instability with more technical stuff like constraints, scripting controllers, character studio ... more than with 7.5 anyway.

Also X-Refs have become very tricky and cause intability very quickly.

Nope, max8 still needs some work!

I have the BB-monitor crashing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gilicom
                the only problem is on backburner monitor, whenever i try to look at the task summery tab the monitor crash.
                anyone know how to work this problem out?
                They posted a patch for backburner yesterday.

This version of Autodesk Backburner fixes the monitor crash that can occur on Windows® 2000 and Windows® XP when selecting the task summary tab of a job
                http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=5573636
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

They have also posted a Service Pack 2. Whether or not it will fix problems well...

Comment

max 8 is rubbish, it's not just you.
                    Crashes are more frequent and instability issues when doing the simplest of modeling operations.
                    XRefs are flakey when opening files containing XRefs, crashes will occur.
                    Backburner crashes more often...nice upgrade overall. NOT!!!

I guess Autodesk introduces bugs so that they can sell you the bug fixes as a full version release in 12months time.
                    sigpic

Vu Nguyen
                    -------------------------
                    www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

Im running max 8 sp2 with backburner 3.0.1 and no real complaints here yet. Have done a couple small projects on it and has been good so far...

-dave
                      Cheers,
                      -dave
                      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Hi guys

I have downloaded SP2 for Max and when I install it it seems that the installation works fine but when i run Max it still say SP1. is this normal or is there something wrong?

any help would be appreciate it, cause max keeps crashing

Cheers

Comment

Probably something wrong, mine says SP2 on the splash screen and in the about box.

Have you more than one copy of Max 8 on that computer? Also, try re-booting, might need a re-boot to take effect.

Dan
                          Dan Brew

Comment

What plugins are you using, and what video driver? These two things are usually what will crash Max. Then again I'm not using XRefs.

The people at the Discreet forum are pretty good at trouble shooting problems, or at least they used to be when I frequented there. I still miss the old Compuserve forum for 3ds.

Comment

hi again
                              thanks for the replies. Half of the problem seems solved for now, SP2 installed. I belive it was clashing with norton.
                              cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X