Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backburner strip overlap

Hey all --

No matter what I set the overlap setting to when submitting stripped jobs to backburner, the strips still come out with a 24-pixel overlap. I really want to crank up the number of strips I'm using to optimize the use of our render nodes and avoid major losses if anything crashes, but no matter what I do I can't cut the overlap down anymore. It must be hardwired, but I was just wondering if anyone here knew a way around it. Thanks!

Shaun
    ShaunDon

I'd like to know too...
    Guido.

Comment

yes same problem here, think its a bug, like the timeout.
      Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
      www.shack.de

Comment

Has anyone tried submitting with the command line to backburner? I know you can control all these settings there. Wonder if it'd work. I'll give it a try some day when I have the time to read through the command list.
        ShaunDon

Comment

i tried command line once when we were having problems with normal backburner submitting - it actually made no difference
          seems the result is the same

but that was not with stripped jobs but with backburner connection problems (wouldnt let us submit or woud cancel the job just after submitting)

Comment

We use strips all the time withougth this problem or anything like it. Maybe try deleting all the preferences and try again. Or (and I know it is kind of drastic) but a reinstall of backburner. I'm saying get it back to first install status.

We overlap by one or 2 , 24px would be a big loss to render time

good luck, wish i could help more
            ONLY TRUST A COMPUTER YOU CAN THROUGHT OUT A WINDOW

Comment

We use strips all the time withougth this problem or anything like it. Maybe try deleting all the preferences and try again. Or (and I know it is kind of drastic) but a reinstall of backburner. I'm saying get it back to first install status.

We overlap by one or 2 , 24px would be a big loss to render time

good luck, wish i could help more
              ONLY TRUST A COMPUTER YOU CAN THROUGHT OUT A WINDOW

Comment

Working...
              X