Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing

I have been asked by a friend if I could produce some visuals for a Spanish Villa he's building and wants to advertise. Now I've never had to price the visuals I do as I work for a company and get other people to bill the clients so I have no idea how much these things cost. I've worked out a costing on an hourly rate for a week's work but really don't know if I am selling myself short. Now just to point out I am not trying to undercut anyone here....simply doing a job for a mate so if anyone could offer any advice/pricing plans I would be grateful. My job is too cushty and I don't plan on going it alone!

My costing plan is:

3 No. photorealistic views of 3D model at 800x600 res. for publishing to the Web. Model worked in Viz 2006 with Vray rendering. Approx 3-5 days work incl. of rendering time(overnight if necessary).Price:-£600 GBP

Is this too much...not enough......I'd be crazy to ask for anything less than X GBP......I don't have a clue.

Please help.
    Is it penry....the mild mannered janitor?

for 30 hours professional work i would double that at least, but since it's mates rates it up to you really.

Comment

Way low in my opinion. Gotta think of intellectual property rights being purchased and not just your hourly rate. More use = more money. Intellectual rights purchase is really outside of your hourly wage as that covers software/hardware/pension/medical/your actual wage/ insurance for business/government licensing fees for business etc.

However, that all said he is your mate and as long as he understands that he is getting a favour and is willing to return the favour down the road then charge what you feel is fair to you and him with your friendship in consideration. I still think your rate is too low, especially considering your cost of living in England!

Just my 2 cents.
      rpc212
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

I agree....make sure he understand that you are doing him a favour. In my experience, i have cut some friends some slck on the price and they came to expect it everytime.

Just cause you can do it for cheaper sometimes...doesn't always mean you should.
        -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

I'm discovering that you should always let people know when you are giving them a break period. It's good practice to be upfront.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
          X