Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to autostart Vray

Hello,

I'm a recent owner of Vray and was wondering if it's possible to start the vray server WITHOUT placing a shortcut into the startup folder in windows so it will start every time. Sometimes I don't wanna use Max and I don't want vray server to run in the BG for no reason.

Is it possible to have max run it when I start max only? Such as placing the vray server into max's ini file or via a script or something rather...

Thanks.

--LES
    =LES=

you mean the license server?
    you could run it using a batch file that calls the license server first and then max
    but you cant close it automatically when you exit max afaik

Comment

it wouldn't really help anything.
      the vray license server doesn't affect system performance. there are dozens of other background tasks running all the time anyway.
      Marc Lorenz
      ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
      www.marclorenz.com
      www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

ok, thanks. I'll try the batch file...
        =LES=

Comment

just leave the sucker running, it takes next to no resources

Comment

Doesn't it just start automatically anyway? I have never set it to start manually. I have always assumed it just runs.

I assumed this because I have never hads any problem with Max and Vray not running smoothly together or license issues. Ah, except Max's SP 2 seemed to screw Vray up on a Max fresh install. Weird!
            rpc212
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

What version you guys running, there may be a way to run it as a service.

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
                just leave the sucker running, it takes next to no resources
                It takes 3.4M and when you add all the little 3M bg tasks together it comes out at least 50M... a penny saved, a penny earned...
                =LES=

Comment

yeah... i guess. it just seems like it having more time spent on it than its worth.. i mean the only time your really ever going to need that extra little 3-4mb or 50mb if you shut down everything is when your rendering and THEN you need to have vrlserver open anyway.

And when your not rendeirng you have so much excess ram, gigs even, not in use that it doesnt matter.

Just the way I see it.

Comment

Working...
                  X