Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking as a photographer

quick question:

In an interior, if I would like to lighten up the scene with a real camera I would open the diafragm or increase exposure time.
    With Vray I found that increasing the bright and dark multipiers in color mapping the result is similar.
    Am I right? is there any other way?

thanks,

Guido.
    Guido.

HDR and AE 7

I don't know if you have been following the HDR or linear color space threads. I have been doing tests with AE 7 and HDR sequences and I have to say it comes the closest I have seen to working like a photographer. The bonus is of course you render one - midrange - pass and then you can 'open the iris' to increase over expose in post without needing to re-render.
    A complicated subject matter, but I when using volume effects, it can look truely amazing. I will post some images of my tests - when I get a chance.
    Hope this helps and is not too far off the thread.

Comment

to me, hdr renderings are better than photography
      you are able to compress the brightness gamut into a displayable range (aka tone mapping) instead of having to choose a fixed range that doesnt show everything in the scene

Comment

mmm I'll have to check that thread out then.

It would be nice to know the thing about bright and dark multipliers though.
        Guido.

Comment

btw: for good examples of what tone mapping can do in terms of dynamic range compression you might want to look at
          http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/%7Edanix/hdr/results.html

Comment

Working...
          X