Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping my licence

Hello,
    I need to reformat my computer that hosts the VRay licence and was wondering how I go about keeping the licence so i dont have to wait for a new one?

Thanks.

you cant. sorry (feel glad we will be gettin dongle liscences with 1.5)

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Re: Keeping my licence

Originally posted by HMA_Steve
      Hello,
      I need to reformat my computer that hosts the VRay licence and was wondering how I go about keeping the licence so i dont have to wait for a new one?

Thanks.
      You can try to run it with your old license key after reformating the OS. Otherwise write an explanation at vray@chaosgroup.com with a new request.

Best regards,
      nikki Candelero
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

without being 100% sure, i would think that you can keep your license unless you change some hardware

Comment

if you don't change any hardware your license should work without a problem. I was formating system twice and didn't had any problems with lic. I only needed new one when I changed lan card.
          Luke Szeflinski
          :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

As long as there are no hardware changes - i.e. network cards etc. i can confirm 100% that your existing license will work. I have used my existing license, formatted by laptop once, twice, three times, four times (all because of advice from dell and finally returning it to them) and once my system problem was solved, my Vray License worked fine.

Comment

opps. oh yeah. i forgot that when i formatted i also made a hardware change. opps

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I too, have reformatted without problems. However having had a motherboard burn up a month ago I can't wait till we have dongles!
                rpc212
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

thanks for the replys... yes it worked out fine after some initial problems (dont know why) i must admit after a whole day spent arsing about with various software security meathods for various bits of software im now a convert to the dongle! simple and no messing.

Comment

Working...
                  X