invisible wall but with gi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invisible wall but with gi?

i have to do an interior shot of an small room with but with 40mm-camera, so i have to put the camera OUTSIDE the room. but how can i hide the wall "in front of the camera" and its windows but make them influence the gi and reflections of the inside?
    matthias

maybe try to make the wall and the windows seperate object and uncheck "visible to camera" in their properties - dont know if vray respects that setting though

Comment

Hi Mattias,

Have you tried camera clipping? I know Vlado used to say it could cause problems but I have used it loads of times without any mysterious red/green dots appearing.

Dan
      Dan Brew

Comment

mike is right!

worked for me!

Stephan

Comment

Clipping absolutely... untill now zero problems..

Comment

i thought the dont render option also worked. worked for me once when i had to take the roof off of a building to get a top down view

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

hey, thanks a lot - clipping seems to work nicely. didn´t think it would work that easy. gi-bounces from the "invisible" wall works fine, but i still didn´t try the reflections from the "invisible" window. might be another problem....
              matthias

Comment

Working...
              X