Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray+Max backburner and saving lc+irr files

Hi,
    we ususlly net render files through backburner. The LC and IRR files are only saved if the file finishes the render. BUT if max crashes after the LC and IRR calculation is done, those files are not saved and we have to re-do the entire process

Is there any automatic way that the files get saved once that part of the calculation is done, besides saying "dont render final image"

using vray 1.47.03 and max 8 sp2

Thanks
    Vivek

there is a 'save maps per frame' check box under the indirect illumination panel.
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

hi,
      thats always got a check mark on by default.....still does not save lc and irr if it crashes during rendering, after they have been calculated.

Am i missing something here, or will Vray only save the IRR+LC on render completion and not on completion of that part of the render process.

Please educate me....
      Vivek

Comment

have you got autosave checked and a file specified in the 'on render end' dialogue?
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yes..to both

Please understand that it saves the files if the render finishes, But will not save the IRR / LC if the render is interuppted by Bitmap filter error or any thing else, after the IRR and LC have been calculated.

I guess its something that i will have to live with
          Vivek

Comment

Working...
          X