• Time
  • Show
Clear All

great news vlado!
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yes, that's good to hear! But is it the dongles that are holding things up?
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
        Yes, that's good to hear! But is it the dongles that are holding things up?
        Mostly...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
          nuno@ene-digital.com
          00351 917593145

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
            Mostly...
            Vlado, can you write a real date when we can expect 1.5 or.. (at least) a newer build (with or without dongle)?

I saw .. 1.49.XX... 1.50.XX ... sometimes will see 1.60.XX ... but nothing to download....
            Workstation Core i7 6900 - 32GB RAM - GeF970
            Dual Xeon E5-2630 - 32GB RAM

Comment

1.50.xx are fakes....just for the record :P

Comment

ya my guess was the dongles also....

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Dongles ?

Dongles ? are we talking about old school physical plug-in dongles ? or software dongles ? I thought dongles where a thing of the past. Just for the record, wasn't it waiting so long for XSI that eventually killed the software base ( most big studio's going with Maya ) and waiting for Final Pants 1 didn't do much good for that company(didn't help much when it came out and was sort of lame)
                  I am not switching from Vray but people get so itchy waiting for new stuff that they can make rash and almost childish decisions about software choices - this mainly comes from being treated like a child with software release dates that are hinted at and keep getting pushed. No adult likes feeling out of control ( well unless you're into that kind of thing ) when it comes to software and the longer you tease people with a new release the more likely they are you get enraged when things do not live up to their expectations- just stuff I have observed over the years.

Comment

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=13870

Comment

I actually really like the dongles.
                      Im still pretty new to Vray, and am absolutely pleased with it. Grant it, I havent been waiting for 1.5 for very long, but I purchased Vray through a re-seller and feel that I got a steel on this renderer even at the current version. Getting 1.5 will be an even greater value. When I first saw the
                      price for Vray I was stunned. Unbelievable value. So even waiting for
                      1.5, I am totally satisfied. And the customer support....un-matched !
                      I would pay good money for this kind of support/community for all of the
                      other software that I use.

Just my 2 cents.
                      Mike
                      http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

Adam,

How on earth did you miss that thread

Comment

=:-/
                          Laurent

Comment

I must have been confused

I must have mis-read it, I thought it said Donuts - I am not allowed them now I'm on my low carb diet so I blot out most words that begin with D

Comment

HAHAHHA nice....

Comment

sweet mary and joseph - we're getting donuts with our 1.5?!?!?!?!? oh BABY I'm stoked! vlado, make sure we get options for chocolate covered, sprinkles, powedered, filled, etc - let's not go about this the wrong way now...
                                Talk nerdy to me...
                                ------------------------
                                Matt English
                                base2studios
                                VizDepot.com moderator

Comment

Working...
                                X