Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR and irradiance map

One small question:
    Is the irradiance map calculated in only 1 pass when you render an image with Distributed Render?
    In my case, if I do the render in only one machine I get 5 prepass and with DR only one.
    Sure it has been asked before but I couldn't find it in the forum.

Thanks,
    Manuel

In DR mode the image is being calculated in the same number of passes as it would be in single rendering. The only difference is that each bucket PC calcuates all the passes at once and then jumps to the next bucket.

That is simply because, when 1 PC renders 1 pass of a bucket, there is no guarantee that on the next round the same PC will step on the same bucket, so that it already knows what happened there before. So all the passes need to be calculated , then stored in the IR file and then jump to the next.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I was almost sure the irradiance was being correcty calculated because the results were good.

Manuel

Comment

Hi

I finally managed to get DR working and it seems stable on 1.46.15 and Viz2006. My main stumbling block was "Increment on save" was enabled and should not be for Dr to work.

I have some other queries though:

1. Although it seems to work ok is that there is an error in vraylog stating that the one host (the pc I'm running it from" has failed although it renders the image correctly. Is this something I should worry about?

2. The Irr map won't save if pointed to a location on the network that is accessible from both pc's, but will save if pointed to a local location on the c-drive.

3. Do I have to run vrayspawner on the host pc as well?
        Max 8 SP3
        V-Ray 1.5 SP2
        WinXP SP3
        Dual Xeon 3.4GHz
        2GB RAM

Comment

Working...
        X