Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay / Backburner generating unreadable Irradiance Maps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay / Backburner generating unreadable Irradiance Maps...

REALLY annoying problem right now, especially with a deadline looming!

I'm trying to render an irrad map on another computer via backburner. Everything seems to go fine, computer renders without error and saves a irrad map file. However that file is then unreadable, it's a normal size but can't be loaded in VRay or via the IR map viewer. I get an error saying "[V-Ray] Could not load irradiance map" (very descriptive, thank you VRay for the details... lol...)

Any ideas? I'm stumped and at the moment rendering IR maps on my station to see if it helps. Needless to say, not the best workflow...
    Christopher Grant
    Director of Visualization, HMC Architects
    Portfolio, ChristopherGrant.com

Update: rendering the IR map on my computer w/o using backburner resulted in a flawless IR map. So there is something wonky when submitting an IR map to backburner to render on a single networked comp.

Hmm... Could backburner be killing max after the render before it has a chance to write the IR map to disk?
    Christopher Grant

Comment

It prob has nothing to do with it but what version of BB are you using? its been patched twice recently up to 3.0.2

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Christopher, which 3dsmax/backburner/vray versions do you have? Also, there is an option for V-Ray to save the irradiance map at the end of each frame, instead of the end of the rendering, make sure this is on.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
          Christopher, which 3dsmax/backburner/vray versions do you have? Also, there is an option for V-Ray to save the irradiance map at the end of each frame, instead of the end of the rendering, make sure this is on.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I'm using 3ds max 8 sp3, backburner 3.0 (haven't specifically updated backburner, maybe I should apply the update) and VRay 1.49.28

I haven't seen any option for saving the irrad map after every frame. I had "multiframe incremental" ticked when the render was sent off though.
          Christopher Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1
            It prob has nothing to do with it but what version of BB are you using? its been patched twice recently up to 3.0.2

-dave
            (sarcasm on) Yay. More updates to deploy! (sarcasm off)

Actually everything is running max 8 sp3 but I haven't applied any BB specific updates yet. Will look into it today.
            Christopher Grant

Comment

Working...
            X