stable dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stable dr

will there be another release before 1.5 that can provide a more stable dr?

tired of waiting,

andré

I have just learned that 1.5 is coming soon!

Comment

i think, i have heard that before

Comment

there is some versions that inlcude stable DR and a much wanted g-buffer/render elements that actually works with DR....but not for some apparently.

so we will just have to wait..

Comment

I've been struggling with DR myself for the past 3 weeks, constantly failing to produce a complete error free image. it's either unhandled exceptions, slaves dropping out, instant max crash-closeouts so that I can't even salvage the IR map and memory errors when doing large resolution work.

I think I've finally got a ritual down to where I can mostly avoid problems with it which includes:

- enabling 3/GB switch on all particiapting machines, regardless of RAM count
          - Working from project files located on the network and not on the host machine
          - Not touching a thing while using DR - no moving the mouse, no messing around in the VFB, no alternate applications - Nothing!
          - Make sure all particpating DR slaves have connected and registered to the host machine through backburner atleast once. For some reason, without doing this, the vraydummy files won't stay open on the slave machines

Feel free to add onto the list, maybe we can make a sticky out of it.

Dave

Comment

my main problem with DR is, that you have to restart the slaves when you cancel a rendering. there is some sort of memory-problem.
            there are workarounds but its like limping on crouches when you compare it to mentalray.

Comment

Well for what it's worth, I'm still very glad I choose Vray over Mental. Within a day I was making images far better looking then I ever did in MR for the previous 3 months. Don't get me wrong, I'm really liking Vray, but hey, we're all here to talk about bugs, and I think we've uncovered some and it's important for the developers to get that feedback.

Any hint's on the 1.5 release date yet?

Comment

there were hints for the last 3 years or so.
                i guess it will be released when its done, no matter how long it takes.
                it´s just sad, that chaos is not releasing any beta´s anymore like they´ve done the past years. i´m sure they´ve got their reasons for that, but as far as i´m concerned, i´m still struggling with the long-known bugs and i cannot see any improvements anymore. so while i wait for 1.5, i take a deeper look into mentalray.

Comment

Same here. Actual Vray is the way to go for still images for me. So DR would be the best way to do the renderings. Especially when doing testrender and having a customer in your neck.

But you can´t do so because of all the struggeling with DR. Even if you try to simple stop a rendering it is better to restart all of the DR slaves and may be its better to restart your scene too.

Originally posted by MegaPixel
                  Any hint's on the 1.5 release date yet?
                  It will come very soon! => mean in the next 2 years, probably ...
                  If you can call yourself a preferred customer, it may come sooner for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X