Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder if they are using linear workflow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if they are using linear workflow?

what do you think ?
    it's my fav viz group http://dva3.ru/pictures/vis/ext/zima/003big.jpg
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

well to really answer your question...who knows?

Aside from that though, I haven't really weighed in on the whole linear workflow discussion, so nows a good time as any. Frankly I've kinda pooh poohed the whole thing. I am by no means trying to lessen the impact of the method, but I've always known that there is more pixel information in your render then what you see on your monitor. Thats why for the longest time, when I light, I worry more about the how lights relate to each other value wise, as opposed to worrying that my scene is bright enough. As long as you have a minimum light value in your image, your just fine with curves movements and such to pull out details.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Well. To summarize LWF benefits - proper light falloff, shadows, and accurate color bleeding and GI which is very similar to Maxwell's results. Once you get the hang of it, there's alot less tweaking than the traditional methods and leads to greater photorealism overall.

It's definitely not something to ignore as you will see it incorporated into future builds. Also, many Russian forums (including non) have been ripe with talk of LWF within the past month.

I would say that they probably are using it cause the results are pretty good and the lighting looks fairly accurate. One thing I'd say for certain (assuming it IS Vray), is that they are using the sun system.

Funny how all these people who aren't official beta testers are putting it to 'good' use...
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

apparently this is what they use, legit or not.

-Software: 3D Max 7.5 SP2, VRay 1.47.03, Photoshop CS2
        Hardware: 40 PC's in network rendering (AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, 3.00 Gb RAM).
        No planes as trees (includes RPC). Only real hi- & low-poly models combined in vraymesh objects.

they finally shared some info on their work
        DON'T LET SCHOOL INTERFERE WITH YOUR EDUCATION / www.ds4arch.com /

Comment

I would say that they probably are using it cause the results are pretty good and the lighting looks fairly accurate.
          Thats a pretty funny statement...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

well i think the settings are not very good. GI is very undetailed, the scale looks off, because of the raw lighting quality and the lack of textures on large area surfaces.
            Marc Lorenz
            ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
            www.marclorenz.com
            www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Well. Yeah it was an assumption.

But it does look like a sun system was used - anyone else agree?
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Could be Dreamscape?

I dunno, haven't used either system. Just a guess.

Comment

Working...
                X