vray license double

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray license double

this might be a very stupid question but i'll ask anyhow.
    is it possible to work on two seperate computers with just one vray license?
    render up to ten nodes- i know..
    a couple of days ago i rendered two seperate file on a two seperate comps with one license /network/
    the next day i wanted to to the same but cannot obtain a license any longer - i did not change anything is setup or anything like that.
    DON'T LET SCHOOL INTERFERE WITH YOUR EDUCATION / www.ds4arch.com /

You can run a single V-Ray licence on multiple machines but only 1 machine at a time can be "working on" V-Ray. If you cant obtain a licence on your workstation then you have to check that none of the other machines have Max running which would be using up your single licence.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

well, the wierd thing is that i did render in the same time on a two seperate machines, both runing vray and both rendering with just one license.
      i can not perform the same trick again today though
      DON'T LET SCHOOL INTERFERE WITH YOUR EDUCATION / www.ds4arch.com /

Comment

AFAIK the licence is check when you start the render. So if you started one render.. opened another max then rendered again that may work.

Comment

yea I think you may be able to open and render a scene on a second machine but you wont be able to adjust any settings with out releasing the licence from the first machine...

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

You can run a single V-Ray licence on multiple machines but only 1 machine at a time can be "working on" V-Ray.
            wow, that's weird, we've always had one licence (until today ), and we've always been able to have two machines working in vray at the same time. the licence server is installed at one of the workstations though, maybe thats why(?)

Comment

Working...
            X