Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrimg contents

Anyone have a link to more info about the vrimg format? What it contains
    and so forth, or maybe what it does not contain. Basically more info about the format.

thx
    "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

I don't think there is a description of the format anywhere as it is a proprietary format specifically developed for V-Ray. The V-Ray SDK contains some methods for reading/writing .vrimg files; if you want to know anything specific email me at vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

At the moment we are only using it for rendering large format images, but considering the resulting size I was curious about what capabilities there might be outside of rendering large files and converting them to EXR then to whatever you might need. Not sure of what other uses there could be for the format.

Comment

well there is a converter to exr (also converts layers) no need to write your own converter for that...

Thorsten

Comment

this should really be in the wishlist, but i would like to ask it on cue here:
          How farfetched is it to think possible a render resume, based on VRimg-stored data?
          For instance, with an LC solution, or a purely QMC one, how possible would it be to ask vray to load the VRimage, and continue the sampling from where it left it?

It's been bouncing around in my head for so long, i had to ask for it, please don't stone me :P

Lele

Comment

Hey thats a solid one Lele, I second that one.

Comment

ahaha, that's how parties start: one person meets another, and they both get stoned.

Bad move dman, now you're gonna get half the rocks thrown at ya :P

Lele

Comment

Hey why not Ive got a really hard head!

Comment

Working...
                X