Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COLOR CALIBRATION DEVICES - RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You can't use the single gray target but the RGB ones and sit back at a distance."
    Gray/grey - when you launch Adobe gamme it gives you two options if you use the Adobe Wizard - one grey box with horizontal lines - if you check the checkbox there there's an option to adjust the three colors (RGB) separately which gives you significantly more control.

As you adjust the color sliders, sit back and slide them until the middle boxes blend together with their surrounding colors. Repeat on each one. Sometimes it helps to squint also.

I also make my desktop black with the following picture centered. I reference both the Adobe Gamma boxes and this image while I am calibrating. The image below should become almost perfect grayscale if your monitor is balanced correctly - otherwise you will see RGB values:

http://www.aim-dtp.net/aim/evaluation/cdg/cdg.htm

On the more target line "Monitor Calibration Wizard" is the best software calibrator i have used, it has 8 targets for each of RGB
    Cool! Interested in checking it out thanks.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Bought Spyder2PRO suite!

O.k. I purchased the whole suite. I have a new 21" DELL flat screen.
      Now what? After reading Vlado's Linear workflow tut...He suggests using method III. Which entails this group of suggestions:

-Calibrate monitor for linear output using (1.0 gamma)
      What white point value should I use?

-Disable gamma correction in 3DSMAX.
      This is only done in one place right? Through preferences of viewports right?

-Make sure textures are NOT Gamma corrected

-Do NOT apply gamma correction to rendered result.
      I assuming he means through the VRAY vfb right?

What about the settings in the color mapping tab of VRAY's rendering settings? What do I need to set here?

This is really hard for me as I need to make material changes to a clients model that was done with a non-calibrated CRT. Now my scene is totally blown out!

HELP!!!!!
      helpdesk

Comment

Working...
      X