Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Raw light and passes

Hi all,

I was doing some work and found that I was getting some funny results with some passes I was working with.

Well after doing this simple test provided by Throb. I found that if you multiply the Raw light and Defuse pass it will not match the basic light pass nor the final output. I can however fix this with a gain adjustment, but I am wondering why this is.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm this? Also Vlado, if you read this can you offer any insite? Thanks.

So in review, I basically would like to know why this thing is not working. As you can see in the image above that the two image do not match.

Thanks
    Mark Rasmussen
    Founder | VFX supervisor | Compositor
    Enigma Studios Inc.

Did you use any kind of color mapping?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

And also, just out of curiosity, is there a reason you are using channel booleans instead of a merge and blending mode?

Comment

correction: I was tired when i did this, sorry about this. The passes and the original need to be switched in the slit screen. It still shows the same thing. Just wanted to get it correct.

Vlado. No No colour Mapping at all. These are linear exr float images.

Dapeter: No special reason for this. In some cases I use this as it is just dealing with the X or the + etc nothing else. Did not want anything else getting in the way of my test.

On this note, fusion does not seem to deal with just adding layers within the merge, multiply is fne. For instance in Nuke or Combustion you just say add and that is it. In fusion when you do a merge it wants to do a A over B but you need the matte, if it is required and that makes sense. But if you simply want to do an add of two layers that do not have a matte I use a boolean. This could be the fact that I am missing something, but i am sure I have it correct . If some can add to this please do.

Thanks
        Mark Rasmussen
        Enigma Studios Inc.

Comment

I'm having the same problem in After Effects with the composited passes not matching the rgb color pass. I don't recall this being a problem in version 1.47.03

V Miller

Comment

Hey Vance3d,

Well at least i am not going crazzy. I will say that Vray is exporting this incorrectly.

The only way around this is to just render the light pass not make it in comp for now.

Vlado? Can you confirm this? You can send me private message if you wish. I just need to know if this can be fixed. It will be an important component of out workflow in near future.

thanks
            Mark Rasmussen
            Enigma Studios Inc.

Comment

Working...
            X