Saving IR map??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving IR map??

Im rendering an animation of an off shore oil drilling platform and have a camera panning all over it getting close to some objects and backing off for others over a 28,000 frame animation. I want to use the pre rendered IR method saving every 20th frame or so.

I guess my real question is do I need to render the IR map on the camera path or can I pan around the entire structure with a different camera and use that IR map for the camera being used for the final shot?

Because of corporate NDA's I cant show anything at this time unfortunatly.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Actually to make it a little simpler, can I pre render an IR map with one camera and use it for other cameras? Or do I have to use a new IR map for every camera?

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

i guess you can do that but if the new camera is in an area were the initial camera didnt collected enough samples then you will get some ugly spots.

Olli
      www.short-cuts.de

Comment

So Im probably better off pre rendering the IR map with the camera Im using for the final shot then?
        Cheers,
        -dave

Comment

I suppose it depends on how quickly the IR map is being calculated - 28000 frames is a lot! I'd personally render about 6 different cameras from all around the structure, then take a close look at the animation, and add some more cameras where you might need more detail, or render certain frames from the sequence from the actual camera that will do the rendering.

Obviously save all the maps and then merge them with the IR map viewer.

Comment

wow, are you saying a single camera shot for all 28,000 frames? and you cant break it down? I had to do a 5,600 frame shot, saving the LC and IR maps every 10th, and my machines were not happy with me. Every once in a while a machine would process the lighting incorrectly from the maps and would have to be rerendered... after manually going through each frame to find them.

Either way, good luck!

Comment

28000 frames!
              Am I right if I say that's more than 15 minutes in 30fps?
              Who's going to watch a off-shore platform for 15 minutes? You must have some pretty entertaining camera moves

-Marc

Comment

Originally posted by marc_gibeault
                28000 frames!
                Am I right if I say that's more than 15 minutes in 30fps?
                Who's going to watch a off-shore platform for 15 minutes? You must have some pretty entertaining camera moves

-Marc
                I just do what Im told, the top dog here is completely oblivious as to how I do things and the technology behind it. I tried explaining some of it to him and mentioned "Pixar" and he had no idea who they were and then I tried to mention the CG in LOTR but again he had no idea what that (LOTR not the CG )was and I gave up after that. This guy spends way to much time on rigs :P

Anyway, yes the entire "feature" is about as exciting as watching grass grow or watching golf for that matter but if he likes it then so be it as he signs my cheques

-dave
                Cheers,
                -dave

Comment

ive been doing lots of testing with 24p and im liking my results alot especially saving on those 6 frames. ive got my pipeline all setup to do that

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1
                    So Im probably better off pre rendering the IR map with the camera Im using for the final shot then?
                    Yes !

I also would recommend you to use more cameras, not just one.
                    Or simply do your paths, and set number of cams to run one after another.
                    AFAIK you have several PCs, so you can go calcing the IR from different phases of the timeline... Than you'll merge as you can guess that yourself

Best regards,
                    nikki Candelero
                    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Working...
                    X