X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particleflow Motionblur how

Ok,

the topic says it all...

I never had to do this with motionblur... so now i´ve got a shower with waterdrops and i want to motionblur them..

how do i do this ? rendering doesnt work for me at the moment..

Come on guys, i know you know it.

Is it possible at all ? I think i once read a thread, that pf motionblur in vray would be no problem anymore...

but i just cant seem to get it to work.

Tom

Comment

Works here 1.49.23, what version are you using? works with "shape" and shape instance.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Hi RErender,

Thanks,

We´ve got at the moment 1.4956 Hehe..

Well maybe thats all.. i´ll try instanced shape, maybe this helps.

Thank you, and greetings from Jonas.

Tom

Comment

Did you try "blur particles as mesh" ? No idea if that helps...i just saw that option a while back hehehe

Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by instinct
            Did you try "blur particles as mesh" ? No idea if that helps...i just saw that option a while back hehehe

Thorsten
            Works here with or whithout that checked
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

Well i am not Quite sure,

in my scene, Geometry instancing didnt work

after this i did a very smal test szene, here all was fine.

Now i´ve merged the whole szene back to an empty szene, nothing worked, but building up a new pf setup seems to work. its slow, and i am not sure, in the final setup itll do it,

but motionblur in vray is lightyears behind max scannline, so ill keepon.

tom

Comment

You also need to apply enough sample to it - right click on the top event in the flow and go to the user defined section - type in VRay_MoBlur_GeomSamples = 6 and replace 6 with the number of samples you need. You'll need to change your integration step to allow motion blur also. If your render integration is set to 1 frame then vray donest have enough position sample from the particle to do anything more than linear motion blur. 1/2 frame will get you 3 motion blur positions, 1/4 frame will get you more again and so on...

Comment

i would suggest doing the blur in post if time is critical.. combusiton worked well for me in the past.

And its basically instant (after you set it up)

Comment

if your particles die inbetween the frames then the blur wont work. Although I thought they made it work some how. In any case, if its not a heavy render, camera multipass can do the trick. Or velocity vector...
                    Dmitry Vinnik
                    Silhouette Images Inc.
                    ShowReel:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

i think you can help that by turning off subframe calculations something or other in the particle event.

But i thought in the newer builds that was no longer a problem? or was it just that particles could not be moblurred at all until the recent builds?

Comment

im confused now...i thought same thing...
                        Dmitry Vinnik
                        Silhouette Images Inc.
                        ShowReel:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

hehehe what i thought was that particles used to only be able to be moblur'd if you had the subframe thing turned off.. and in the more recent builds they could be moblur'd no matter what.

will have to test to be sure tho.

Comment

Well i could get it to work ,

but when turning up the particle count, vray startet to prepare for ever, what max scannline motionblur did very fast.

i am not so sure this allready works very well. I now did it wit max scannline, cause renderquality wasnt that important this time ( only a black and white Szene)

Comment

dunno if that helps: http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showpo...&postcount=183
                              www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Working...
                              X