texture not rendering.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texture not rendering.......

I am rendering an image where I have mapped a site plan (hand rendered) onto a plane. Sometimes it will render fine, others it comes up blank(without texture).

this also changes when changing output size.

Has anyone ever run into this before? is there a way to clear cache or something......

any help would be appreciated.

Arkitec

ps. ive relocated all my maps locally and made sure they were pathed correctly..... still no luck.

Im on a new machine. Ive never encountered this before.......

The only thing it sounds like to me is having (2) planes in the same space, with different materials on them. Normally one would render, than the other would render being black. But since you have a mapped site plan you may have set the materials to 100% self illumination.

Not sure if this is your case, bu this is what it sounds the closest to for me.

Comment

it could also be a memory issue... i seem to remember having a similar problem a while ago when i just tried to use too many high res textures.

how big is the texmap in question?

if its huge, you could :

a) reduce the res. of the map a bit at a time till you get a stable result

b) make sure you have "bitmap pager" turned on in the max rendering preferences (you could also fiddle with the settings, but i couldnt tell you what does what.. its a bit cryptic if you ask me...anyone know how to tweak it?)

c) break up the texture into smaller files and do the same for the landscape geometry, mapping them seperately. (this is an old maya workaround since it had (last time i saw) an upper limit on texture sizes.)

may or may not help in max, since essentially youd be loading the same amount of texture data.

d) reduce the size of other, less resolution critical maps in the scene..

of course it might not be a memory issue.

Comment

are you using VIZ or MAX?

Comment

Working...
        X