Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrayimg question...

Hi all,
    if I use vray image format, with vray VFB, is MAX going to save to disk every bucket rendered?

In other words, is there a way to use backburer and v-ray, so that the servers work is always saved on disk, even if the final image is not finished?

I am asking because my network is kind of flaky, and I lost so many hours just because BB lost the connection and the server got reset, maybe 80% done!

thank you

regards

gio

as far as I know the vrimg format writes the file as it is rendered. my experience is that the vrimg is readable even if the render stops half way through. I don't think its set up to resume however where it left off if it does happen to be interupted.

Comment

it is indeed not possible to resume a vrimg rendering currently. But it is inrementally saved after each bucket. So what you actually CAN do, is convert the vrimg and take a look what needs to be rendered still and then use max´s region render tool to render only the parts that are missing. Then simply comp the new one over the old one and dadaaa

Thorsten

Comment

Working...
      X