IR maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR maps

Let's say I've rendered a whole scene and saved the IRmap. Then at a later date realise I need to add an element to the scene. So when I re-open the file, can I choose 'Add to current map' and crop render the particular area containing the new element?

Will this add to the saved IRmap automatically, or will I have to manually re-save and over-write the IRR map when render is finished?

If I do have to re-save, will it replace the IRmap (which was for the whole scene) with just the cropped area?

This has been bugging me. I hope it makes sense.

Unfortunately adding an object will make the irmap invalid. The samples in the rest of the areas of the scene are dependant on the light bouncing around and hitting the objects in your scene so adding or removing objects but leaving old samples might lead to a lot of render errors like have a really bright part leaking out from underneath a newly added object.

The other bad thing is that vray often gets bonkers render times if an irmap is messed up in some way - it's worth it for the sake of sanity just to remake the irmap so you know you wont do a huge render overnight and realise there's an obvious error in it after...

Comment

Doh! I was afraid that might be the case.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
      X