Vray light material - multiplier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray light material - multiplier?

This may have been asked before but either the search engine is not optimal or I'm just no good at using it, which is why I have to ask. (again?)

What value does the multiplier of the light material represent? Is it in watts as with the vray light, normalise on/off?

I have to do some (fairly realistic) studies/representations of 25 watts LEDs in action.

thanks in advance..

cheers,
    K.

If you have the lumens for the self-illuminating object (e.g. 1700 lm for a 100-watt bulb) you need to divide this by the surface area in meters (use the Measure utility for this), and you'll get the multiplier for the material.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

alright, thank you very much..

cheers,
      Karsten

Comment

If I am using Feet and inches (system unit = 1inch) do I need to convert the surface area to square meters in the calculation?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jonahhawk
          If I am using Feet and inches (system unit = 1inch) do I need to convert the surface area to square meters in the calculation?

thanks
          yes.

Best regards,
          nikki Candelero
          .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

candles

Thanks Nikki,

I made candle flames that are about .002 sq meters which, unintentionally, calced out to be about 1 candella/mult of 40. of course!

Comment

looks pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
                If you have the lumens for the self-illuminating object (e.g. 1700 lm for a 100-watt bulb) you need to divide this by the surface area in meters (use the Measure utility for this), and you'll get the multiplier for the material.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I dont know if this is in the manual. but it should be there...

-Tom

Comment

Working...
                X