No announcement yet.

Reinhard colour mapping workflow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now with 1.5, will the above Reinhard settings achieve a similar level of detail in the shadows, and if so, should the Max Gamma settings remain at 2.2 with the ColorCorrect plugin for all colour-swatch based materials?
    Yes, carry on using Max Gamma at 2.2, ColorCorrect plug-ins, it works fine. the only thing i do different to LWF before 1.5 is use the sRGB button in the VFB to add the 2.2 curve to the render ( i guess you could just change the gamma in the Reinhard colour mapping settings to 1, 0.4545 , would do the same).

Comment

I find Reinhard close but off from LWF. I think Reinhard is faster in many regards but the colors are slightly off from what they should be.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Yeah i agree, its not quite the same as LWF.

Comment

I like the outcome of LWF and my "s" curve color correction in PS

Really fixes up the grayness problem that is quite common in LWF renders.

I have yet to play with reinhard properly, but using 1.0/0.45454 wouldnt work, you would probably have to try gamma 2.2 in the rollout there.

Comment

Yeah the lil "S" curve is the way
            And yeah 1.0 / 0.4545 wouldn't work, Typo! I meant 2.2

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
              I like the outcome of LWF and my "s" curve color correction in PS
              do tell
              mdi-digital.com

Comment

Well after you have your LWF rendered out. Take it into PS and apply the following color correction and put in 2 control points and place them accordingly.

This is a badish example (see below) as you cant move the points too much as its a rather dark contrasted image already.
                In a normal interior render for example you can move them further up and down making it look more like an S hehehe

Below is the S curve for this render, plsu before and after shots. You will notice that the after has much richer colors and alot less gray.

"S" Curve

Before

After

Anyway try it out and see what you think.

Comment

nice imgs daforce
                  Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

Nice images from a nice scene

Isma has some nice scenes floating around thats for sure!

Comment

Working...
                    X