Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.47 and ... 1.5

A simple question,

Because we have a lot of computers here, I wanted to test Vray 1.5 on my worstation. Can I install Vray 1.5 and keep Vray 1.47 on the same workstation?

When we upgrade to 1.47, I've create a copy of max folder and rename it 3ds_max_8_1.47. With this, I was able to keep the two versions (1.09 and 1.47) before changing everythings. Is it possible to do the same thing with 1.5 ?

Thanks!

1.5's installer should delete any previous versions

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

You can do that if you copy the entire 3dsmax folder than then install V-Ray into the copy. Then you have two different 3dsmax installations and you can choose which one to work with.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado, this is exactly what I wanted to hear

another question, right now, I'm using the ColorCorrect plugin (without any problems) for the standard color in max. Do we still have to use it with Vray 1.5 ?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
            You can do that if you copy the entire 3dsmax folder than then install V-Ray into the copy. Then you have two different 3dsmax installations and you can choose which one to work with.
            How's this work for a network setup where the license manager is running on another machine? Is it possible to run both the license manager for 1.47 and 1.5 at the same time? (Others in the office might still be using 1.47 but I want to checkout 1.5...)

Thanks for the help, and apologies for the minor thread hijack.
            | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

Working...
            X