Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials

Hi All,

I want to apply text to an object (a pencil to be exact) with another texture already mapped. First, how do I map two textures to the same object, and second how do I get rid of the background from the text bitmap. Aso is there an issue with opacity maps with Vray.

Thanks.

Without seeing an example, my guess is you want to use a Blend material comprised of 2 vray materials with one being the pencil paint material (let's say yellow glossy) and the other the text material (let's say black glossy). The text would be the mask between the yellow and the black materials. This way you would not be using opacity in the Vray material.
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Hi Clifton,

This is indeed working well, although my mask map will need to be larger so as to cover the entire pencil as illustrated. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Yes, that should fix the problem.

Actually, with something like that you don't really need to map the text do you? you could model the text and set it just barely above the surface of the pencil (or boolean it out of the pencil, and recess the text so it looks like it was stamped in). In that case, you could have separate materials, one for paint and one for text.
        "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Working...
        X