Texture Baking no worky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture Baking no worky

I've gone through the texture baking tutorial 4 times now and consistantly cant get the texture maps to show up in the viwport or the render. It seems to render fine. I can see it render all the individual pieces but when I go to open the targas it saved they are solid black and I think thats the problem but I dont know how to correct it. any idea
    thanks
    -joe

Edit: I'm trying it with a new scene now. Altt the tgas its producing are black and are about 9-11kb in file size...somethings off.
    www.boxxtech.com

Did you remember to use the V-Ray specific baking elements (e.g. VRayCompleteMap instead of CompleteMap etc)?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado. Switching to VrayCompleteMap solved the problem. I think the tutorial is misleading. It shows the default CompleteMap being used and doesn't really mention the Vray Specific Texure Elements. If the screen grab looked similar to the one attached I think it might be more clear.
      Best,
      -joe

www.boxxtech.com

Comment

hmm I use the VrayComplete map, but it still saves to a solid black tga...

When its rendering it uses the Vray framebuffer and it looks fine, but It also shows max framebuffer, which is black.... so i guess the problem is only that it saves the max framebuffer and not the vray fb...

so how can I tell it to ignore the max framebuffer?

thanks
        Kalle

Comment

There are two ways to solve this:

1) disable the V-Ray VFB

2) in the Render Scene dialog, set the output file to something (no matter what) and make sure the Save Output option is checked. This will cause V-Ray to generate the 3dsmax VFB too.

In any case, the issue is resolved in newer builds where V-Ray always generates the 3dsmax VFB if rendering to texture.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks vlado!

/k

Comment

Working...
            X