Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 1.47 to 1.5 education

Hello,

I've purchased the 1.47 academic license and would like to know if that makes it eligible for the 1.5 upgrade or do I need to purchase it again? I've got the software license key sent for 1.5, but there's no 1.5 download available in my download area.

I've also contacted chaos about this twice so far, but nobody got back to me so far.

Thanks,
    =LES=

An educational version will be available with the next RC3 build. Many apologies for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

correct me if im wrong. isnt an educational version a way cheaper version which offers no upgrades and no support?

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

The upgrade policy is the same, regardless.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

i teach animation at one of our colleges, if any of the students want to get an educaitonal versions what would be the difference between that and the advanced version

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
            i teach animation at one of our colleges, if any of the students want to get an educaitonal versions what would be the difference between that and the advanced version
            The difference is that an educational license cannot be used for commercial work and V-Ray will be marked as a special educational version everywhere in the interface (e.g. the frame stamp, the name of the renderer etc). Also, the user needs to present us with a document from the school etc identifying him/her as a current student when purchasing.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
              correct me if im wrong. isnt an educational version a way cheaper version which offers no upgrades and no support?
              Support usually available, but this is based on the discretion of specific manufacturers. So far most manufacturers offer support (eg, Adobe, Macromedia, Autodesk, etc). Minor version upgrades are available, (as in max8 to SP1, SP2, SP3, or Adobe fix releases), but the next major version, such as max9, or Adobe CS3), would have to be purchased again.

Since VRay 1.5 was a "major event", I wasn't sure whether chaosgroup considered it as a major or minor version upgrade.

Nevertheless, thanks for the clarification, Vlado.
              =LES=

Comment

Working...
              X